Tobacco is CONSUMED in many forms starting from raw to processed.In India it is added to limed beatle leaf along with beatle nut called PANA and chewed frequently.This chemical ladden fluid causes local changes in stomach and might lead to gastritis and ulceration in the inner layer(mucosa) of stomach.Recently one patient underwent endoscopy for pain in upper abdomen and dyspepsia having a history of tobacco chewing habit of 10 to 12 times a day. There was erosion of stomach mucosa.She was advised medications along with an advice to stop beatle.But she displayed an indifferent attitude towards the advice of doctor.I think as she was a PSU employee and had free access to medical doctors and supplied free medicines she wants to continue the bad habbit and at the same time would take medication to cure the ailment.This is what I call PSU mentality of patients.
Various Aspects Of Life
- abscess Add new tag AIDS Antibiotic Arthritis Asia Asthma atherosclerosis Bacteria Blog Blood pressure Blood vessel Brain Breast Breast cancer Cancer Cardiovascular Disorders Circumcision Cirrhosis Conditions and Diseases Death diabetes Diabetes mellitus Digestive Disorders Esophagus exercise Gallbladder Gastroesophageal reflux disease God Google Government Health Heart Heart disease hhs healthbeat HIV Hospital Hypertension Immunization India Infection Infectious disease Infertility Internet Law Life Lifestyle Liver Malaria Medicine Men\'s health Musculoskeletal Disorders myocardial infarction Obesity Orissa osteoporosis patients Peptic ulcer Physical therapy Pregnancy Prostate rabies Rectum Screening Scrotum Security Society and Culture Stomach Surgery Technology Tendon Vaccine Virus Vitamin weight
- Acetaminophen makes it Harder to recognize Errors
- DPP-4 Inhibitora like Saxagliptin and Alogliptin may increase the Risk of Heart Failure
- Cyclodextrin for Treatment of Atherosclerosis
- LAMA and LABA combination Treatment for COPD is more Effective than Monotherapy
- Exercise within Your Target Heart Rate to Derive Maximum Benefit
- 19,276 hits
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.