Acid peptic diseases include;
- Duodenal ulcer.
- Erosion of stomach
- Inflammation or gastritis of stomach.
- Oesophageal ulcer or erosion.
- Ulcer in the part just beyond duodenum i.e.jejunum
The feature of pain includes;
Colic pain in the upper mid-abdomen,
- Mostly marked either in empty stomach in case of duodenal ulcer or after taking food in case of stomach ulcer.
- Gradually the pain looses the timing in relation to food as the disease progresses.
- The pain is more marked in the winter season, i.e. seasonal exacerbation.
- Heart burn due to reflux of acid.
The disease can be assessed through endoscopy. Very good non-surgical treatment options are available now-a-days.