- Eat a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
- Include healthy oils, such as olive oil, in your diet.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Don’t smoke, and avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Don’t drink alcohol within three hours of going to bed.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser, and use a moisturizer daily.
- On the other hand, don’t wash with tap water too often, which can wind up drying out your skin. Once a day should be enough.
- Wear sunscreen daily. Avoid direct sunlight between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun’s ultraviolet rays are strongest.
Read more at www.nlm.nih.gov