Bed-wetting goes for sometime after birth and mostly seen up to the age of 6 to 7 years, by which time bladder control usually develops; a small percentage go till the age of 10. Perhaps after that age parents should consider the possible causes and possibly consult their doctor.
Before going to the doctor they may try;
1.Limiting liquids before bedtime.
2.Encouraging the child to go to the bathroom before bedtime
3.Praising the child on dry mornings
5.Waking the child during the night to empty their bladder
- Having a family history of bed wetting.
- Having difficulty waking from sleep.
- Being under physical or emotional stress.
- Having a urinary tract infection.
- Experiencing slow development of the central nervous system.
- Having a hormonal imbalance.
- Having an abnormality that affects the spinal cord, the urethral valve in boys or the ureter in girls or boys.
- Having a small bladder.