“Charity begins at home” is very much correct. Here is a model of house to friend, for our fight against cancer.
To add a few more to the list;
1. Good exhaust in the kitchen that effectively cleans out the gases and vapour formed during cooking is also important. They cause a lot of harm to lungs.
2. Use of steel cooking utensils is an important practice, as utensils made from aluminium and teflon coated ones has been seen to be hazardous for health through their constant mix up in food while cooking. Additionally, the over heated taflon, Chemically C-8 or perflurooctanoic acid (PFOA) can have health and environmental health hazards as well as occupational hazards.
3.Styrene, an important component of polystyrene, is used primarily in the manufacture of plastic packaging, thermal insulation in buildings, and disposable cups and food containers. It is also an important component of fiberglass and is found in boats, shower stalls and carpet backing. Styrene is also associated with health hazards can be dispansed with.
4. No smoking at home.
5. Provision for adequate sun light that can help to synthesize vitamin D, which has the ability to fight several cancers. Direct sunlight also kills many microbes.
Here are some blueprint highlights (and retrofitting ideas) from the 3,100 square-foot house (pictured) in Dublin, Ohio:
- All the air that comes into the house is extensively cleaned with a filtration system. This tech is used in hospitals and intensive care units, and it eliminates 99.9% of allergens, germs, and bacteria within the home. This is particularly important for treatment patients with compromised immune systems. The simple plug-in goes into the HVAC system.
- Carpets and insulation are formaldehyde-free. Hardwood floors are made of bamboo, an easy-to-clean natural product that doesn’t emit toxic chemicals.
- The wood products and paints have very low levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs). According to the EPA, high levels of VOCs can cause irritation, damage to the liver, kidney and central nervous systems, and some are known or suspected to cause cancer.
- Space is dedicated for a home gym to encourage exercise and a garden for growing fruits and vegetables.
- The kitchen is equipped with a built-in steam convection oven that cooks food while preserving the nutrients that might be cancer fighting.